Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Friday, November 7, 2014

Sauteed Autumn Veggie Recipe

I promised I was going to start sharing some of my recipes here, and this is one of my favorites! It's incredibly simple, can easily be altered to fit your tastes and is extremely healthy - so healthy that you can have second (or thirds) without ever feeling guilty! Through the Autumn months when Zucchini is plentiful, I usually make this for lunch or as a side dish at least once a week.

Sauteed Autumn Veggie


Ingredients:
  • 1med. Zucchini
  • 1sm.  Yellow Squash
  • 1lg. Bell Pepper (any color)
  • 1lg.  Yellow Onion (chopped)
  • 1c. Mushroom (chopped) - I like Portobella or Button, but you can use whatever kind you like.
  • 1 clove Garlic
  • 1 Slice or 1/4 cup Shredded Provolone Cheese
  • Chili Pepper
  • Real Salt
  • Olive Oil
Directions:
  1. Chop Onion & Pepper. In a skillet over Med-Low add around a tablespoon of Olive Oil to your skillet and toss in onion & pepper.  Using a mini grater or zester, grate in your garlic and stir everything together.  Cover and allow to saute, stirring every few minutes so it doesn't burn. 
  2. Chop Mushrooms.  And add them to your skillet. Continue to stir often. 
  3. While your onions & peppers begin to cook, slice your zucchini and squash length wise and then slice into around 1/4in thickness.  Place Zucchini & Squash in skillet, turn up heat to Med-High and continue to cook.  Stir often to encourage even cooking and keep from burning. 
  4. Saute for about 5-8 minutes. Zucchini should still have some bite, but should easily "cut" with your spatula. 
  5. Sprinkle with Real Salt & Chili Pepper and cover with Cheese. Cover and remove from heat.
  6. Once cheese is melted toss and serve. 
Personally, I like this just as it is - served on a plate! YUMM!  But you can also serve this over brown rice, polenta or even mashed potatoes! If you like more heat, try a good pepper cheese instead of the provolone.  I've made this with a super sharp white cheddar for a side dish and everyone loved it that way as well.  Add additional veggies if desired and play around with spices...

Looking for an easy meal?  Brown some ground sausage with your peppers & onions and serve over rice or polenta.  

This is literally one of my favorite, go-to recipes this time of year. Once you make it, it will be one of yours too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...