Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Got Morals?

So, today I was told I am "immoral." And this made me think of all the times I've heard this in the
past... Personally, if I'm required to live within someone else's little boxed idea of what "moral" is in order to be so, I'm proud to be considered "immoral!"

I mean, lets take a look at some of the reasons I've been called "immoral" in the first place...
1.  I believe in marriage equality for EVERYONE in all and any form of marriage - Gay, Straight, Open, Closed, Plural or Singular... As long as everyone is entering the marriage of their own free will, I say go for it!

2.  I do not view the human body as shameful, dirty or sinful. Nudity to me is completely natural and healthy. Skin is skin, regardless of whether it's an arm or a penis... It's not scary, offensive or harmful, it's just skin!

3.  I do not view sex as sacred!  To me, sex is completely physical. It has nothing to do with love, emotion or marriage. You have an itch, you scratch it. That's it! Nothing sacred or special about it! Just use your head and make sure you're doing it because YOU want to and safely. Otherwise, I say go for it!  (For the record I'm not saying it CAN'T be sacred, special or emotional... It CAN be all of those... OR it can just be sex. With all things it's what you bring to the table that make it what it is.)

4.  I don't watch sports!  Believe it or not, I've been told that I'm immoral because I don't watch sports. I've been told I'm a bad wife and mother and even "unAmerican." Seriously, people?? I find them boring! My husband finds them boring! And my kids aren't interested... Why do you care?

5.  I don't vaccinate my family!  I know it's a point of contention on both sides of the issue, but frankly, it's not your choice what I do with my family or my body! I have done the research, for THIRTEEN YEARS! I have more research and education under my belt on this issue than any doctor I've met. NO, I am not putting my family at any risk, and NO I am not risking society... If you don't believe me, do the research yourself! I'm glad to give you a place to start!

6.  I eat meat!  If you read my post about this one, you know where I stand on it. But frankly, it boils down to this - I have researched this issue and made an educated choice which fits both my spiritual and physical understandings. If you don't agree, do something different.  Really, I don't understand why this is such an issue!

7. I'm Pro-Choice!  This could be a whole post in itself. But basically I think it's your body, and you should have the choice as to what happens to it - that includes pregnancy.

8.  I'm Pro-Death Penalty!  I figure if you have so little respect for life that you ended up on Death Row, I have no reason to have any respect for you or your life...  It's basic Karma!



I'm sure there are others, but none I can think of at the moment...

Of course there are those who believe if you aren't "main stream" you can't possibly have any morals. To which I usually just say "Screw off!" I, do, in fact, have morals! Morals which to me, seem like basic common sense, but which are apparently rather foreign to way to many others!  So let us explore the morals of such an "immoral freak."

1.  Be respectful of others!  It's unfortunate that you have to spell out things like "Do not kill" and "Do not rape" but you usually do in cases like this. I'm not going to list them all, but basically respect others - don't do things that will harm them, scare them, control them or oppress them! Do not place limits on them because of their race, religion (or lack of), gender, sexuality, age or health status.

2.  Do NOT abuse power!  Abuse is not simply something that leaves bruises and cuts! Abuse of power removes the rights of others and forces them to live lives not of their own choosing.

3.  Respect our Earth!  We only get one, so we need to ensure that all of our actions keep her in mind - otherwise, we're only killing ourselves!
4.  Remember that plants and animals are just as "alive" as you and I!  Obviously we can't live a life that never kills a plant, animal or insect - at some point we have to eat... But it's important to remember that we are all a part of the cycle and abuse of resources, needless killing/trapping does not benefit us or the world around us.

5.  Give to others that which we would choose for ourselves!  There are always those who are not as blessed as we are, and it's important to ensure that we are not only doing enough for ourselves and our loved ones, but those who can not give to themselves!

6.  Always stand up for those which can not stand up for themselves!  The strong should not abuse the weak, but should protect them!
 Again, I'm sure if I sat here long enough I could come up with more. But basically the "harm none" rule which I've talked about in the past really sums it up. Stand on your own feet, support others and always protect the gifts the Gods have given to us! It's not rocket science! Nor does it require any lengthy Dogma to explain or dictate.

I do not, and probably never will, understand the belief that one needs to have strict religious beliefs in order to possess basic morals. Morals are simply the principals which we live by and by which we define right and wrong. We all have them, religious or not, main stream or not.

I am not "normal" and I'm proud of that fact! I live outside of what is the accepted and conservative, and that's how I like it! Maybe I do make my own rules, but that's how I see the world. If you don't agree with me, then follow your own path, but if you try and force your "morals" on me out of some belief that I'm wrong, I'm going to stand up for myself in every and any way I may need to!

This Blog Post was originally written & published for my One Witch's Wonderland Blog,on 4/14/12. This blog has since been closed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...