Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

What Would I Do With Lottery Winnings?

I think this is a question everyone thinks about at least a few times in their life.  I mean, when the PowerBall hits $300 Million, how can you not at least think about what you'd do with that kind of money... Personally, that's the only time I play.  I mean, once you pay your taxes, you only get about $130Mil - and that's like nothing... right?!?  (I'm kidding by the way.)

So, what would I do if I won the lottery? Well, I'd do quite a bit actually.

Like I said, I don't play unless the winnings are up over $300M.  Assuming I would actually get to keep $130M, I have quite a few plans for that cash!

First I'd make sure my family is taken care of - my mother, grandmother, aunt, sister and my sister-in-law would all be getting a "gift" that would allow them to pay off whatever debt they have, finish school (in the case of my aunt, sister & SIL).  Then I'd set up trust funds for my kids and my niece & nephew so they have the cash to go to college or trade school or just bike through Europe or whatever else they may want to do when they grow up...

Then I would buy some land (maybe 10 acres?!?), build my dream house, a couple of guest houses, a bunker (just in case) and a small farm/homestead.  And I would love to build a duplex nearby as well.

Why a duplex you ask? Who wants a random duplex right next to their dream house?  Well, I do.  If I had that kind of money I believe I could really change some lives! I would want/need help around the house & homestead, so I would hire a "staff."  - if nothing else a mhelp aid or two.  But I wouldn't want to go through some agency. Instead, I would contact the local women's shelters and see if there are any women there looking for a "restart" to their lives.  I could provide them with a decent paying - and steady - job, plus room & board and the safety of being on a private estate (for those with abusive ex's to worry about.  I would give them a place to bring their kids, and if they wanted, I'd happily pay for them to return to school.  So having a duplex would allow them to "live in" but still have their "own" home for their family.

Of course while the estate was being built I would have to take my family on vacation!  Disney World here we come! But I don't think I would stop there! I would get us a big beautiful RV and take the kids on a historical tour around the US... Battle fields, Haunted Cities, The Winchester Mansion, New Orleans, Salem...  All the good stuff!

When we get back, it's time to build my business.  I'd buy one of the historical houses in town and open CellDara as a physical shoppe.  On the bottom floor I would sell my jewelry, hand made candles, teas & herbal remedies, as well as single herbs, hand made cloth products (diapers, pads, unpaper towels, etc), and of course my organic cosmetics & household needs.  And I would use one of the front rooms for small classes and workshops to teach anyone who's willing to learn about everything from organic gardening to religious tolerance.  On the top floor, a witch's dream shop! Books, tools, spell kits, everything the well equipped witch would ever need.

And of course I would FINALLY be able to go back to school and get my degrees!  I hope to earn a Ph.D. in Holistic Health, and lesser degrees in Comparative Religion, Immunology and "Women's Studies."

And finally I would buy the old bank in town and renovate it, turning it in to a full fledged community center - Something my area desperately needs! Hold classes, create a safe place for kids after school, work with community businesses and average citizens to help this town become the great city it once was - again!  **And I would LOVE to start a local Red Tent!**

Whatever's left would be split up between charities, local and world wide.  Right now my favorites are The Half the Sky Movement, Heifer International and Children Of The Night, but I'm sure I could find more.  I would love to take my kids (once they're a little older) to do some humanitarian work in other countries as well, give them an idea of just how good we have it, maybe put life in perspective for them.

Yeah, there's a lot of things I would do with that money, and without a doubt it would change our lives. But I would work hard to make sure it didn't change US as people.  Money brings opportunity, and I would do my best to make sure that winning the Lottery would not just mean opportunity for me, but for my family, our community and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...