Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Soup

I found this recipe on Pinterest and fell in love! There are few things I love as much as a big bowl of hot potato soup when the weather turns cold. And when I say potato soup, picture all the trimmings - Bacon, Cheddar, Sour Cream... The whole shabang!

But potatoes aren't as good for my waistline as I would like - not that Bacon is, but that's what Turkey bacon is for. So finding a way to replace the potatoes (or even half of them) is heavenly in my book!

Tip: I'll be making a HUGE batch of this and freezing off small portions so that it's ready to go when we need it.

Ingredients:
8 slices center-cut bacon, chopped (half used for garnish)
1/2 small onion, chopped OR 1 teaspoon onion powder
1 celery stalk, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
salt & pepper
4 cups shredded or grated cauliflower (1/2 large head)
2 Tablespoons water
2 Tablespoons flour
2 cups chicken broth, divided
2 cups 2% milk
3-4 dashes hot sauce (or more or less)
2-1/2 cups (12oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided (half used for garnish)
2 green onions, chopped (optional)

Get the full "how to" over at the Iowa Girl Eats Blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...