Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

I've decided to make some BIG changes in my life!

In an effort to live a more Earth Friendly (and healthy) life, I often find myself feeling stressed and very overwhelmed! I feel like I NEED to be Plastic Free, GMO Free, Totally Organic & Mostly Homegrown, Low Energy, Completely Local, UnBleached, Naturally Died, Natural Fibers, Pre-planned, totally homemade from scratch and STILL have time to actually cook, clean, raise my kids and see my friends...  But I'm just not all that!

I'm anti-social. I hate - HATE - to cook and really don't know how any ways. I always use the dryer because I have nowhere to hang my clothes. I find us eating out of a box WAY to much. I have no idea where to buy local meat or eggs or organic fruits & veggies.  From where I sit now I see nearly a dozen plastic boxes, baskets & toys...  Yeah, I'm pretty far from perfect! And it's sometimes hard to admit. I know I should be doing better - ALWAYS take your bags in to the store I tell myself, then I get to the store and don't even have any in the car. NEVER buy boxed dinners, make it all from scratch I say, then I get to the store and realize I don't have the time to make things from scratch, and my family won't eat them anyways, so I buy a box... ALWAYS buy organic, I think, then I get to the store and realize my local store doesn't even have an organic option for most things, and the few they do have are twice (or more) as much than the "regular" stuff and I just buy what I can afford...

THEN, after all that internal arguing, I come home and cry for an hour because I feel like a total failure! Depression, Stress & Anxiety soon follow and I'm a total hot mess! My only comfort in all this? I know I'm not alone! I know there are others like me out there who as hard as they try, as much as they know, they just can't seem to get their shit together...

SO, I've decided enough is enough! I'm done (or at least I'm going to try and be done) being stressed over all this! I'm going to make a plan and I'm going to stick to it! I'm going to take things slow - one step at a time. And I'm not going to stress over things that I simply haven't mastered yet! I'm going to aim at being totally organic, homemade, plastic free, chemical free and 100% naturally healthy in FIVE YEARS! Yes, I know it would be better for me to be all that NOW, but I need to be realistic! Because the more I stress over it all, the more I give up and fail.

NO MORE FAILURE! I'm DONE! 

They say if you have a goal, make a plan, and make it realistic! So I am. Five years to the life I want. I think, in reality, I'm going to make 4 or 5 lists, 4 or 5 "goal plans" and work on them all. One for the home - no plastic, natural fibers, etc. - One for our Diets - Local Eggs, No Boxes, No White Sugar, etc. - One for the Spirit - Daily Practice, Sabbat Rituals, etc. - and One for Business - New Website, Business Cards, 5 New Items each Week, etc - One for Finances - Savings Act, Pay off ALL debt, Buy a House, etc...

I'll publish the lists once I get them made. And let you all know how things are going from time to time as well. Maybe, hopefully, someone out there will see my journey and get the help they need to start their own. But more than that I want to share my journey because it's important for me to keep my goals! I've found, like weight watchers, if you have to report what you're doing, you're more likely to stick with it. So I'm hoping that by going public, I'll feel like I'm obligated to do it and I'll stick with it better!

Wish Me Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...