Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Getting Started - Beginner Books Video Companion


Getting started can be rather confusing and overwhelming. So a little guidance on where to start is never a bad thing... It's important to note that this list is NOT complete. There are hundreds of "starter" books out there and if you start counting websites there are thousands. But these are the ones that I, personally recommend.

These titles are pretty much the same. Personally I would say pick ONE, there's no need to read both. But, it you want to learn the basics, these are awesome titles! They do a wonderful job at walking you through what it means to be Wiccan, the history of Wicca, tools, spell work, meditation, deities, Esbats & Sabbats, and much more. They are written clearly and in a format that is easy to absorb, even if you are starting with NO knowledge at all. Unfortunately, for the most part, they stick to Wicca and don't branch out in to other forms of Paganism, which is where the next title on the list comes in...

 The Everything Paganism Book: Discover the Rituals, Traditions, and Festivals of This Ancient Religion (Everything (New Age)
 This book does a wonderful job at exploring the three major branches of Paganism as well as some of the smaller ones. For those who are unsure of their path, it's a wonderful way to explore all the options out there. This book also has a great section on Ethics and the Community as a whole.  You aren't going to learn about tools or technique in this book, but it's a well rounded view of the whole community. 

 Wheel of the Year: Living the Magical Life
This book is wonderful for your first year. It takes you month by month with tips and magickal advice. Twelve chapters for the twelve months - My advice is read each new chapter at the beginning of the month it's meant for. This will help you in two ways, it will keep the information current and in your mind as it's time for it through the year, but it will also help you to see how you're progressing. 

This is one of the best books I can suggest. Although it's not a book that I would suggest as a first title, or one that I think would do very good as a "walk through" it is without a doubt one that should be read. This book covers it all! In olden days new Witches would hand copy the Book of Shadows of their teachers. Today, this book is the closest thing most of us will get to having an experienced witch hand down her Book to us. This book is one that will take you well over a year to truly experience, but will give you all you need to grow and excel on your new path.

This is another book I feel everyone should have a copy of. It's not only beautifully illustrated, but it is packed full of great information. You'll find information on History, different Cultures, Important People, and an entire third of the book is about training YOU to master everything from Meditation to Spellcrafting to Divination and so much more! Each of the 500 pages is PACKED with information and nearly no fluff!

Other Authors to Check Out:
As I said in the video, there are more than enough authors out there that are worthy of looking up. Kate West, Scott Cunningham, Christopher PenczakPatricia Telesco and Ellen Dugan.

I also talked about a couple of websites that I think are worth more than a view. They are as follows:
  WitchVox  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sabrina, thank you for visiting my blog I love your blog, it's a must come back to read for certain :o)
    Have a wonderful evening.
    posted the wrong link

    http://cynthiasfairiesandme.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...