Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Monday, May 20, 2013

Are You Watching Polygamy USA?

Over the weekend I started watching Polygamy USA on National Geographic Channel. I have always been a fan of Plural Families and would love for my own husband to find a second wife. I am a firm believer that there is no limit to the human's ability to love. We are pack animals and we flourish best in groups. Although I am NOT in a plural marriage and my own husband has no interest in starting one, it is something I that I have done my part to support.  I am a firm believer that Plural marriages should be legal, and the idea of arresting, fining or even inprisoning someone simply because they have more love in their life than someone else, is utterly rediculous.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/polygamy-usa/
Now, I am NOT one of these people that believe Plural Marriages are somehow "Perfect." I completely understand that there is a good bit of issues in many Plural Marriages - as there are in "conventional" marriages. However, I feel that the majority of people out there see Plural marriage as flawed simply because they do not understand it. And while I am NOT in agreement with many of the other beliefs of this strict Mormon Christian community, I am thankful to see modern media opening eyes to this lifestyle. In the past I have taken part in petitions and letter writing chaplains to both current and past government officials, about this issue. And I am hoping that shows like this will allow more people to become accepting and open to the idea which will eventually change the laws and allow people to live the way they feel is right.

I encourage everyone to take a look at this program. Even if you only watch a single episode, it's very much worth it to get a look in to someone else's reality. Especially when it's an issue that could eventually create more equality and acceptance for an entire group of people - from all backgrounds and faiths, not just Mormons do Plural Marriage People!

2 comments:

  1. I love watching Sister wives and I believe I've seen one episode of Polygamy USA. My question is always, why can't a woman have two husbands? I wouldn't want another woman in the house because I simply wouldn't get along with her. I don't like to be around a lot of women and I could in no way share my man.

    Now two men has its perks. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can. In this docu-reality show they are exploring a Mormon community, which only allows for Polygamous marriages. However, outside of such beliefs there are those in Polymorous relationships (where there is one wife and more than one husband) as well as those in "group" marriages where there are multiple wives AND husbands. While Polygamous marriages are the most common, as such life styles become more acceptable (and hopefully legal) due to programs like this one, you will begin to see more of the other two as well.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...