Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Monday, April 29, 2013

Black Bean Spinach Pizza

Who doesn't love Pizza?  Pizza, however, is usually NOT in the "healthy food" category. But that doesn't mean it has to be! The simple fact is, what makes Pizza unhealthy is white flour dough, to much cheese and loads of fatty, greasy meats...

Personally, the last time I went to Pizza hut (a no-holds barred trip mind you) I ordered a "Cheese Lovers" with Pepperoni, Sausage, Chicken, Mushrooms, Onions, Black Olives, and Green Peppers...  Yeah, I tried to load on enough veggies to hide the fact that all the extra cheese and meats - It didn't work, for my conscious or my gut!

But it doesn't have to be that way though!  There ARE healthier options that can make this an option worthy of the dinner table!

Now, I will say this, the recipe here calls for "refrigerated pizza dough" but I would replace that with a whole grain option. Otherwise, I love this recipe - you can easily skip the sausage too if you want though.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...