Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

All Natural Weed Killer

I love gardening, but I HATE pulling weeds! For the most part, I do my best to NOT kill plants, not even weeds! Usually, I just attempt to find out what the "weed" is before I remove it. I've actually discovered the value of a few different native plants that way. If I discover it's a beneficial plant, I will usually just move it. But for those that aren't, it's nice to have an easy option for getting rid of them. This is also the weed killer I use when getting rid of weeds growing up between the bricks in my sidewalk or in the stone walls around my property.


**DO NOT spray this on your plants though, because it WILL kill them!**

You need just 2 Ingredients:
  • White Vinegar
  • Salt  (optional)
 Simply fill a spray bottle with vinegar and mix in a few table spoons of salt (for a little added punch) and spray on the base (closest to the roots) of unwanted plants. Make sure you are using a "stream" setting on your sprayer, a "mist" will not soak the plant well and will more readily damage neighboring plants.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...