Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Monday, March 4, 2013

Moon Time


I finished this book a week or so ago, and I have yet to have the chance to post about it. And unfortunately, I have yet to find a third book worthy of finishing this year. I started a few, but nothing that I am liking enough to read past the first few chapters... So it may be a few weeks or so before I have another book to talk about.

Anyways, here's Book Two for the year as a part of the Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge.
Moon Time: A Guide to Celebrating Your Menstrual Cycles  By: Lucy H. Pearce

I have been exploring ways of better embracing and honoring my female cycles. So when I found this book I snagged a copy and jumped right in. I couldn't stop reading! It is just packed full of great information! Herbal, historical, spiritual and even some sentimental! Not only did this book given me the tools to better understand my cycles and how they affect me, but it has inspired me to alter my daily rituals and to really start thinking about what will happen when it's my daughters turn. 

I have grown up, as most of us have, in a society where a woman's cycles are seen as a "curse." They are somehow proof that women are weaker and less worthy than men. For years I felt ashamed of my moonblood and wished it would go away somehow. But now, as mother to a daughter, I realized how I want her to grow up loving herself - cycles included - but how I first needed to learn how to love myself fully, to set the example. I now feel, that I have the tools to better do that, and to, eventually, guide my dear daughter to do the same.  I want her to know and understand how to celebrate her inner Goddess, at all times of the month!

I would say, if you are a woman, if you have a daughter, or even if you are a man who loves a woman, this is a book that should not be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...