Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Monday, February 25, 2013

The Eight Largest Faith Groups in the US

Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) has recently published a list of the "Eight Largest Faith Groups." I have no doubt this is in response to the pressure from minority religions to be recognized more and more on campus.  I have friends who attended school at IUP, but don't honestly know about the religious communities or pressures on campus, myself. And while I know their numbers to be incorrect, the fact that yet another college is taking steps to push religious equality and tolerance on campus is by no means a small blessing.

**I do find it interesting that they identified a major symbol for each faith listed EXCEPT for Wicca, no doubt in an effort to avoid depicting an pentacle.

Get their full list:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...