Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Slow Cooker Reuben Dip

Okay, so the Superbowl is over. But since no one in this house was ever interested on any level in watching Football - Superbowl or not - I really don't see any reason not to share every awesome recipe I can find even now that it's over!

This, seriously looks like it could be something worth killing for! (okay, not really.)  Personally, I think I would hollow out a big Ruben "bread bowl" and fill it with dip - then serve it with the shredded parts of a second and the part I tore out of the first. And I won't be waiting for some stupid game to do it! I'll be making it this week as an "after-school" snack for the kids - and for me!

Ingredients:
  • 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese*
  • 1 (8 oz) package shredded Swiss cheese
  • 1 (16 oz) jar sauerkraut
  • 8-10 oz deli corned beef, shredded
  • 4 tbsp thousand island dressing
  • rye cocktail bread
    (or in my case, bread bowls)
*The recipe actually calls for reduced fat cream cheese, BUT, as I've talked about before, reduced fat cream cheese isn't real cream cheese and is full of nasty ingredients! The real stuff is always better!

 For the full recipe:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...