Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Monday, February 18, 2013

Salt Dough Recipe & Ideas

I have two projects going on this week. Number one, is getting my seeds started. Number two, is working on creating some Salt Dough figures for my altars. I'll be using Salt Dough, which is easy to make and use, but needs to be painted or finished it it's going to be somewhere where it could get wet - like outside - so everything I'll be using it for are going to be indoors...

Salt Dough can be used for just about anything - depending on your level of creativity and artistic ability. You can bake your creations (200*F for between 45min & 2-3hr depending on thickness) but that can make them "brown." So I prefer to simply allow them to air dry. Either way, you can include dried herbs, stones or other items right in to the dough mixture to best meet your purpose. 

Salt Dough is really easy to make.

You'll need:
  • 1c Salt
  • 2c Flour
  • 1c Warm Water
Simply, mix your dry ingredients in a large bowl and with your hands, slowly fold in your water.  Use immediately or wrap in  parchment or wax paper and refrigerate.

I am going to be making a few spiral Goddess figures, and possibly a few spiral "disks" to place through the home and a few other small things...  I've been looking for some "examples" to inspire me and I've found a good bit actually. So I wanted to share some of what I found to possibly, inspire some of you!

http://recycledawblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/how-to-make-spiral-goddess-salt-dough.html

http://earthspiritcraft.co.uk/?p=295
http://www.tamingthegoblin.com/2012_04_01_archive.html
http://www.paganspace.net/group/thecraftywitch/forum/topics/celticdragonfly-s-craftiness
 There are only a few of the examples I have found.  Directional Markers, Incense Burners, Candle Holders, God & Goddess Figures of all kinds, Moons, Suns, Stars, Trees... You name it.  So many options, so little time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...