Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Monday, February 4, 2013

Best Ever Taco Seasoning Mix Recipe

My family LOVES taco seasoning. We use it on everything - meat, veggies, rice, you name it. But it took me a LONG time to find a recipe for homemade seasoning that we really liked. I kept trying different versions and always went back to store bought. But I don't like the ingredients that are commonly found in store bought versions - MSG, Preservatives, TONS of salt. So I knew I had to find one that I could make myself.

Finally, I found one we "liked"  then  after some tweaking to the recipe it easily became something we love! Now, I couldn't imagine using anything else!

I'm posting here the basic recipe that I use, but I'm not the "measuring spoon" type, so I tend to eyeball the amounts.  I simply add these ingredients to my skillet but you could easily use these measurements to create a large amount for storage.

This recipe makes enough seasoning for 1lb of meat or up to 2c of rice or veggies.
Ingredients:

I HIGHLY recommend sticking to Organic ingredients. The flavor with organic is always better! But if you don't have access to organic, you can obviously use conventional versions. If you don't have access to Real Salt, use Sea Salt.  I will be switching out the Cornstarch for Arrowroot powder in my next batch to see if I can tell a difference. I'll let you know what we think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...