Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Monday, February 4, 2013

A 1 Acre, Self Sufficient Homestead

Okay, I don't have anything close to this. BUT, this is one of my biggest long term goals. Not just "in the case of emergency" but because I truly believe this is the best option for my families health and welfare as long as health and welfare for the world as a whole. IF each and every person who owned a yard - even a small one - did this on whatever scale they had the ability to do, it would make a HUGE difference in our society! Agra-business's power would be slashed! CO2 production would drop substantially! Big-Pharma would take a hit - where it hurts! People would be healthier as a whole and their money would go further!

So while I completely understand that this is purely an ideal that most people simply can't achieve, it's my personal long term goal when we purchase a home (which will hopefully be in the next 2 years). Obviously I'll be starting much smaller than this, but I want to get here someday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...