Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Liebster Award

Back before the holidays I received a message on my One Witch's Wonderland Facebook page that I nearly missed. Thanks to my page Admin Eva, I saw it, and I'm glad I did. The message was from another blogger named Angela (author of Leannan's Thuras). The message said she had chosen my blog - this blog - to receive the Liebster Award... I hopped on over and read what she had to say about my blog and was happily surprised! But was a little overwhelmed at the idea of having to create my own post about it... So I put it off til after the Holidays were over and I could really take some time to think things through.


So what is the Liebster Award? Well, I'm still a little clueless as to how it started or where it gets it's name or anything... But apparently here's how it works - or at least here's how they tell me it works. Once awarded it, you are supposed to write a blog awarding it to up to 5 other blogs/bloggers with less than 500 followers and then write 11 facts about yourself. I'm not sure you won't all already know all 11 of my facts, but I guess what really matters is that you have the chance to discover other great blogs!


Anyways, lets see if I can narrow my favorite blogs down enough to give you just 5 to check out...

My first chosen blog is Confessions of a Modern Witch. I think if Renee and I lived nearer to each other we would be great friends. She's all about Food, Family and her Faith! There are LOTS of great Recipes over there! And she has some great rants and view points that really give you something to think about!

The second Blog that I just MUST award is Aoibheal's Lair. While I will never be able to properly pronounce Aoibheal, I've been reading this blog since the beginning and the Author, Vickie, has become one of my best "facebook friends." Again, I find it unfortunate that we don't live closer to one another. This blog is all about life! Like my blog you'll find a little of everything here - Recipes, Prayers/Spells/Blessings, Personal Thoughts and Beliefs, all around, it's an inspiration!

For my third award - please note that these are NOT in order, they're all equally awesome - I've chosen Pagan by Design! This blog is simply packed full of information, ideas and inspiration for everyone! Even those who aren't strictly Pagan can find some great stuff here! 

Fourth on this list goes "Doing Magick" which is a blog I love for it's simplicity. Many of us Bloggers go on and on and on...  Which tends to mean that busy mom's just don't have time to read everything they post. With Doing Magick, posts are short, but still well written and thought provoking - which makes it perfect for those of us who only have a few short moments a day to read blogs, but who still wants to read them all!

The Fifth and final blog I'm going to award (only because you can only list 5) is "Kitchen Witch: School of Natural Witchery." This blog is beyond wonderful! It's dedicated to education and is packed full of information, lessons, correspondences, BOS style information, mythology and more... I find myself reading post after post and just wanting to get all the the knowledge to stick in my head so I can learn more!


Now, before you leave me to go read all those, I'm supposed to give you 11 facts about me:
  1. I am BiPolar II. Which, unlike the "fun" kind of BPD, is mostly depression with the odd bout with mania tossed in just to throw me off my game. I am not, and will not be, medicated. Instead I choose to control my symptoms with diet, herbal supplements, meditation and by simply pushing through the pain when all else fails. I have gone out of my way to educate myself on my "disorder" so that I may better handle it.
  2. I have a slight obsession with Cop Shows... Law & Order:SVU is my favorite, but I watch Discovery ID like it's going out of style! Deadly Women, Kids that Kill and Disappeared could keep me glued to my seat for days at a time!
  3. My favorite color is Black, but I'll wear Green, Red or Purple - so long that the outfit is still mostly black! I dream of being Morticia Addams when I grow up!
  4. I love my gray hairs! I used to dye my hair, but once I started finding grays, I quit because I didn't want to see them go away.
  5. I am allergic to Coffee, Wine, Pickles and Ham - plus some soft cheeses. 
  6. My favorite Musical is The Phantom Of The Opera, I've seen it over a dozen time.
  7. I don't like to travel, but I will happily go to Disney World any and every time I get the option!
  8. I hate mornings! Seriously, if I could sleep til noon every day, I happily would!
  9. I sick at video games, but I still play them. I've been working on beating Mario 3 (yeah, for the NES) since it came out - I doubt I ever will.
  10. I could spend millions and millions and millions of dollars on herbs, stones, crystals, books and just about anything else that could possibly fit in a witchy/holistic/metaphysical closet!
  11. I am Irish, and Italian, and German, and Polish, and Welsh, and quite a few other things. I like to call myself pure Heinz 57! But mostly I'm just Celtic and proud of it! 
Well, there you have it. 5 of my favorite blogs and 11 facts all about me!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much! This is my first Liebster and I am honored you chose me. And Aoibheal is pronounces Ah-veel, with the emphasis on veel... Hope this helps, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Thanks so much I really appreciate it! I'l be sure to pass it on! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...