Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The History of Imbolc

Imbolc is February 2nd, right around the corner.  To the modern world, this is just a day to pull some poor groundhog out of his hole and watch him scramble back in from the fear. But for those of use who live on a more Magickal timeline, Imbolc is a time to celebrate the coming spring.  Many cultures and traditions have held celebrations at this time of year, but most people don't now what these were.

The Pagan Soccer Mom has a great, short, intro to the history of Imbolc that is a perfect introduction for those who don't have the time or energy to spend hours and hours educating themselves on thousands of years of tradition. Very much worth the read!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...