Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Roasted brussels Sprouts, Bacon & Pepperjack Macaroni & Cheese Recipe

I am attempting to alter how my family eats. I want to go from the "All-Amerian Pre-Packaged GMO, Fake Food" diet, to one that's healthy and natural. But, it's easy to get overwhelmed! So I've decided to take little steps! Step 1, is learning to make our meals with between 50-75% fruits and veggies.

The issue there is that I have a husband and children who think that "good food" must have a brand name and a box. So I am not only attempting to learn to cook all our old favorites in a more healthy fruit & veggie filled way, but I'm always looking for new meal options that my family isn't going to refuse to eat. And to make things worse, like most kids and men, my family likes - or at least thinks they like - a very limited few veggies. So I am always looking for new or better ways to introduce them to new veggies in ways that they will actually eat them.  All together, it's a challenge!

I've been looking for a way to introduce my kids to Brussels Sprouts - because I LOVE them. But they aren't known for being the most kid friendly veggie out there. This recipe combines some great healthy ingredients with my kids favorite - CHEESE!

I think the first time I make this, I'm going to follow the recipe as it's given, but then I'll tweak! I like to make my cheese sauces with cauliflower puree instead of tons of milk and butter. And I think corn kernels would bump this up a little too! I would also add that since I don't use vegetable or canola oil, I'll be using EVOO or Grapeseed oil instead. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...