Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

How to make Echinacea Tincture

I posted about "Herbal Tinctures" a few days ago, and I've posted my recipe for Teething Tincture in the past. But I know when I first started doing these I was so nervous I wouldn't make anything with out step by step guides.

I'll make a point to take step by step pictures - or possibly do a video if I can get my camera to work - the next time I make a tincture, but the link below has someone elses step by step with pictures and it's rather good.

The thing to remember is, it's kinda hard to go wrong. Nothing you're using is dangerous - assuming you know the herb is non-toxic. In this case (Echinacea) is very good for boosting your immune system and is great to take at the first sign of cold or flu.

The ONLY thing I would suggest is that you use more herb than this woman does. I like to fill my jar at least to the half way point, if not 3/4, with herbs and then fill with alcohol. **You can also make alcohol free tinctures - which I'll post about in the future.


As always I recommend buying your herbs from Mountain Rose Herbs if you can't buy local or grow your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...