Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Monday, January 7, 2013

Homemade Natural Floor Cleaner

Everyone seems to love laminate "hardwood" floors, but cleaning them can be less than fun! There are lots of "Swiffer" style cleaners out there now, but they ALL have crazy nasty chemicals in them! And I don't like the sticky residues they leave on the floor. So I was super excited to find "refillable" options on the market now. But I did have some issues finding a cleaner to use in it that made me happy.

On my tile floors I use just use Vinegar & Water with a some tea tree oil. But on my "hardwoods" I didn't like how the Vinegar & Water mixture cleaned them. Then I found a recipe on another blog that I liked much better! After a little bit of playing around I was able to "prefect" it.


To a measuring cup or jar, add the following:
  • 1c Water
  • 1c "Orange" Vinegar
  • 1c 70% Isopropyl (Rubbing) Alcohol
  • Few drops of liquid dish detergent
  • 15 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
Mix together and pour in to a "refillable" spray mop or steam cleaner. You'll get a streak free, non-sticky and chemical free clean floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...