Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Homemade Diaper Rash Cream

I wish I would have had this recipe when my kids needed it. My oldest son rarely had diaper rash, but when he did get it, we resorted to Desitin or Balmex, like everyone else. It was only when I had my second son that I discovered just how bad these products were for my baby. My poor Hunter, my middle child & second son, had horrid bouts of diaper rash! And like we did with his brother - who was still in diapers mind you - we used the store bought stuff. Well, we quickly learned that those were NOT the best option. More than once, he ended up with chemical burns from the cream we used to help cure his diaper rash. Poor kid! After the second or third time - cause I was a little slow on things  and simply couldn't clue in to the fact that it was the cream burning him - we switched to using petroleum jelly. It worked, but slowly. And unlike the diaper cream, I did know what was in petroleum jelly and did NOT want to use it on my kids! But I didn't really think I had other options.

By the time my daughter came along, I knew better! No petroleum jelly. No diaper cream.  And we switched over to "homemade" diaper ointment - and of course, cloth diapers. My homemade diaper ointment was mostly coconut oil. But this recipe is one I like much better!



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...