Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Monday, December 3, 2012

What to Read: Beginners

Okay, ladies & gents, I'm obviously a fan of research and education - And recently I've had a couple of messages and emails about how and where to get started. One thing I am a firm believer in is finding a good book and making time to study and read - always exploring! Internet information is great! BUT, you're never really 100% sure if what you're finding online is written by a believer or someone who wants to give Paganism or religion a bad name.

SO, I'm putting together a "must read" list for you here. The following books are really meant for those who are just finding their path, however, they are a great light read for those who are experienced or even those who have friends or family on a path they don't understand.

This first set are all great "general" books which are not only great for those who are just starting out or those who are simply wanting some light reading or for friends and family...

The Everything Paganism Book: Discover the Rituals, Traditions, and Festivals of This Ancient Religion

Everything you need to know about Paganism

Paganism: An Introduction to Earth- Centered Religions

The Complete Idiot's Guide(R) to Paganism

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Wicca and Witchcraft, 3rd Edition

The Everything Wicca and Witchcraft Book: Unlock the Secrets of Ancient Rituals, Spells, Blessings, and Sacred Objects

Wicca and Witchcraft For Dummies

Okay, this next group, while great for beginners I would NOT suggest for friends or family. Why? Well, because these books are more in depth, rather than general overview and answers they are full of techniques and even some spell & ritual work. However, they are full of great information in these books even for those who have been practicing for some time. So let's label this section "New to Moderate"

If You Want to be a Witch: A Practical Introduction to the Craft

Sabbats: A Witch's Approach to Living the Old Ways

The Simple Sabbat: A Family Friendly Approach to the Eight Pagan Holidays

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Spells and Spellcraft

Solitary Wicca For Life: Complete Guide to Mastering the Craft on Your Own

Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner

Wicca for Beginners: Fundamentals of Philosophy & Practice

 The Inner Temple of Witchcraft: Magick, Meditation and Psychic Development

 The Outer Temple of Witchcraft: Circles, Spells and Rituals

 The Real Witches' Handbook: A Complete Introduction to the Craft

In addition to these great books I will be posting some other great series, books and author information over the next two days... So make sure to check back! This is FAR from all the book I would recommend adding to your library! But it will give anyone a good place to start!

Blessed Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...