Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Monday, December 3, 2012

The Christmas Tree is Pagan

As I'm decorating for Christmas/Solstice, I am thinking about all the comments and nasty arguments I end up in every year because of how we decorate. You know, it never fails, every year I end up with people lecturing me about the fact that I'm Pagan and I have a Christmas tree in my living-room. As if there were some unwritten law about who can and can't decorate an evergreen in December. So I thought, this year, instead of letting all the nasty people come to me, I would cut them off and simply settle this once and for all!

First, my dear husband is Christian, even if the Christmas tree didn't have Pagan roots, I would still have a damn good reason to have one. Second, the Christmas - or Holiday - Tree is purely a Pagan symbol. Many Pagans today put up a tree for Yule or Solstice celebrations. For our home, it does double duty - thus the "general" term of "Holiday Tree." We decorate it with white lights, silver & red balls and an "Angel/Goddess" figure (She's Beautiful!) on top. In the eyes of my husband, it's a symbol of Christmas. For me, it's a clear symbol of the Winter Solstice. I'm not sure WHY it's such a controversy for others, but it always is...



So, for those who don't believe me, I thought it would be a good idea to share this webpage. It's a wonderful page devoted entirely to the Christmas Tree and it's history - including the Pagan part!

But hey, regardless of what you celebrate this time of year - Christmas, Yule, Chanukah, Solstice, Kwanza, or something else I've never heard of - I hope you have a wonderful one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...