Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Homemade Antiseptic Ointment

By the time I got to the point where I was attempting to learn about natural health and healing I already had two boys. I would say they were around 2 and 3 at the time. So while there were lots of recipes for homemade this and that out there, the first one I really wanted was a "boo boo" salve. Since then I have made a few different versions of this, but this is one of the better ones I've found.

They are all basically made the same way. Melt your beeswax & carrier oils together and stir in your essential oils, pour in to containers and allow to cool... It really is easy. You can use quite a few different essential oil blends, but the ones listed in this recipe are great for your first batch! As you become more familiar with essential oils and herbs, you will no doubt get to the point where you are perfecting your own versions. Personally I like to use a Calendula Infused Almond Oil when making mine. You an also add 1tsp of Raw Honey* to the mix to help speed healing and aid the protective layer!
**The Ancient Egyptians used to coat deep wounds and healing surgical incisions with honey to aid healing.

Get the recipe here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...