Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Green Baby Shower - Tips & Ideas

Well, I won't ever be having another baby shower... And chances are unless my sister and aunt (yes, I'm talkin about you) get on the ball soon I may never get to host one for another 20 years either! BUT, seeing how babies are being born every day I figured this would be a great post for SOMEONE out there, even if I can't use it myself.

The one thing I would add to this list of great ideas is having a "diaper donation." When I had my oldest (the only shower we had) we asked that everyone bring a pack of diapers to be entered in a drawing for a special gift basket. We still got lots of gifts, but we also got around 4 months worth of diapers! If I were planning a shower now, I would nix the "Please bring a pack of diapers" thing, but I would ask that instead of purchasing diapers, that each guest would donate $5 or $10 to the Cloth Diaper Fund. The investment involved with Cloth diapering is often the biggest struggle for people - so asking that all your guests put a small amount in to a fund to help cover that cost - just as they would with sposies - helps to cover that cost.

Otherwise, these are some great ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...