Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Monday, November 12, 2012

Uganda to officially pass ‘Kill The Gays’ bill

The more and more I pay attention to what is going on in the world, the more disgusted by people I become. While I realize there is a small portion of the population even here in the US that would agree with this type of law, I am thankful to say it IS a vast Minority and not the average American. But the fact that this is going on ANYWHERE in the world honestly makes me want to give up hope for people!

Homosexuality is not -and this has been PROVEN- to be a choice. WHY would anyone choose to be homosexual in a country where they could be killed for it? No, people don't choose their sexuality! And even if they did, they certainly wouldn't be a "risk" to anyone. Uganda has many "bigger" issues they could be focusing on, yet they push through laws that will land homosexuals on "death row." Now, maybe it's me, but that doesn't even make sense!

Studies in a few different countries have shown that approximately 10% of the population is Homosexual. If you include BiSexuality, Trans-sexuality and other "Non-Hetero" sexualities that number may be as high as 30-50%! However, according to Ugandan authorities 89% of Ugandans are Morally Opposed to Homosexuality. This says to me that two things are going on - 1.) Ugandan officials are polling a select group of people knowing what their most likely answers are going to be in order to get the results they wish and 2.) Ugandan people are still so threatened by anything outside of what they are being told is okay that they would rather not show support to a cause that could land their names on a short list of suspected homosexuals! Sound familiar? It should! Polls in Nazi controlled Germany showed that citizens were overwhelmingly Anti-Jew... For the same reasons!

Speaker Rebecca Kadaga has said 2009's Anti-Homosexuality Bill will become law
by the end of 2012

Read Article: http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/uganda-officially-pass-%E2%80%98kill-gays%E2%80%99-bill121112

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...