Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Survivial Kits: Keeping your family prepared and safe

As I make the change from a "Overly Conventional American" to a "Naturally Health and Self Sustaining American" I am learning to become organized and prepared for anything. When you have a family, being prepared is even more important. A single person is much easier to sustain and to keep organized, but when you have a spouse, children and pets involved, it's easy to forget things - especially in an emergency!

I recently found this blog with a week by week "how to" on Survival kits for families... And I've decided to take it as a challenge! lol So although I will be sharing my own "kits" as I go through it, I didn't want anyone to have to wait on getting started. In the wake of Hurricane Sandy, I'm sure there are probably Millions of families who wish they had been better prepared. Since you never know when an emergency could happen, I thought sooner, would be better than later!

Check out these ideas and get started soon! You don't want to be the one who isn't ready when the next disaster hits!

Check out the lists here - http://www.yourownhomestore.com/survival-kit-ideas-week-by-week/

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. I am feeling the pull to get some supplies on hand as well. We have a pretty good supply of water that I keep on hand--something like 30 gallons on hand most of the time but I know there are many other things I need to have on hand. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome. This is something I always struggle with, but it's very important to do, so I'm glad to have a "guide."

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...