Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Friday, November 9, 2012

ORGANIC vs. COMMERCIAL APPLES



Apples are commonly sprayed with Syngenta‘s Paraquat, a pesticide under scrutiny for a possible link to Parkinson’s disease. Additionally, apple growers in Michigan received an exemption for the last three years (and have recently applied again) for “emergency use” of the unapproved antibiotic kasugamycin. While not an antibiotic currently in use by humans, data o
n its affects on ground water and animal reproduction and development are not known.

Additionally, several new studies question if even allowable levels of pesticides do harm to humans, particularly organophosphates – substances the USDA reports are found on 81 percent of all conventionally grown apples.

Five Reasons to Eat Organic Apples: Pesticides, Healthy Communities, and You: http://onforb.es/Q05kC1

*******************************************

Organic apples beat conventional apples on antioxidants

Organically produced apples have a 15 per cent higher antioxidant capacity than conventionally produced apples, says a new study from Germany.

http://www.nutraingredients.com/Industry/Organic-apples-beat-conventionals-on-antioxidants
**Thanks to the Holistic Health Facebook Page for this information!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...