Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Maleficent

I made this announcement on my FB pages, but it's too good not to share over and over again! I would say for just about anyone that knows me, it's clear that Maleficent is my favorite! My daughter's first toy was, in fact, a Maleficent doll - I packed it in our bag for the hospital.

So, imagine my elation when Disney announced they are not only making a movie from Maleficent's point of view, but it's a LIVE ACTION film and NOT animated! I'm stoked!

Now, of course, I just have to wait AGES (due out 3/2014) for it to come in to theaters... Hey, if nothing else, that gives me time to make sure I have the money to go opening night!

Here's all the information I have so far! (Taken from the Maleficent Facebook Page)

"MALEFICENT" - The Walt Disney Studios announced today that production began Wednesday, June 13th, on “Maleficent,” starring Academy Award®–winning actress Angelina Jolie. Directed by two-time Oscar®-winning production designer Robert Stromberg (“Avatar,” “Alice in Wonderland”), in his directorial debut, and produced by Joe Roth, “Maleficent” is written by Linda Woolverton (“The Lion K
ing,” “Beauty and the Beast”) and executive produced by Angelina Jolie, Don Hahn, Matt Smith and Palak Patel. Co-starring in the film are Sharlto Copley (“District 9”), Elle Fanning (“Super 8”), Sam Riley (“On the Road”), Imelda Staunton (“Vera Drake”), Miranda Richardson (“The Hours”), Juno Temple (“Atonement”) and Lesley Manville (“Secrets & Lies”).

This is the untold story of Disney’s most beloved villain, Maleficent, from the 1959 classic “Sleeping Beauty.” The film reveals the events that hardened her heart and drove her to curse the baby, Aurora.
Behind-the-scenes talent includes Academy Award®–winning cinematographer Dean Semler (“Dances with Wolves,” “In the Land of Blood and Honey”), production designer Gary Freeman (“Saving Private Ryan,” “The Bourne Supremacy”), two-time Oscar® nominated costume designer Anna B. Sheppard (“Schindler’s List,” “The Pianist”) and seven-time Academy Award–winning makeup artist Rick Baker (“Planet of the Apes,” “Men in Black”).

“Maleficent” is scheduled for a March 14, 2014 release in 3D.

Photo Credit: Greg Williams
©2012 Disney Enterprises, Inc.
©2012 Disney Enterprises, Inc.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...