Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Monday, October 22, 2012

Homemade Cough Syrup Recipe 1

This recipe is awesome! If you're getting a could or cough, this is an easy to make remedy that has never failed. Honey is both soothing and an anti-bacterial. And ginger is an awesome ingredient for home remedies. It works to promote healthy digestion and prevent nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and numerous other issues. However, for this remedy it's the anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which we're choosing it for over the others. Although, it will also help your body fight whatever illness you're battling by boosting your immunity as it works to better your digestion by promoting a healthy flora and enzyme count through your pancreas, stomach and intestines.

What you will need:
  • 2in Fresh (or thawed from frozen) Ginger Root
  • 1tsp Raw Honey
  • 1/2 oz Hot Water
  • Small Bowl
  • "Zester" or Cheese Grater
  • Cheesecloth, Tea Ball or other Fine Strainer
  • Spoon or Small Wisc
What to do:

Lay your cheesecloth in side your bowl, or open your teaball/strainer and place it inside the bowl. Grate the ginger root. If you are using a "Zester" you will get a much finer grate, which is best. Push grated ginger through tea ball or squeeze cheesecloth to get as much juice as possible in the bowl.

Stir Honey and Hot Water in to ginger juice until honey is dissolved.

Allow to cool. Drink half first thing in the morning and the second half before bed.

You'll be cough-less by the following day!

**Coughs caused by pneumonia, bronchitis or other major lung infections will not be "cured." Call your doctor if your cough produces blood or sounds like this...

**Originally posted to my Natural Life Blog on Feb. 10, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...