Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Changing how I cook - and eat...

I absolutely love food! Seriously - I LOVE FOOD!  The problem is, as I learn more about the food that we, as Americans, cherish so much, I am terrified about what I'm putting in my body - or my kid's bodies - every time I put something on our plates.

The transformation from per-packaged, pesticide laden, GMO altered, and chemically created fake foods to organic, locally grown/farmed, chemical free options is VERY overwhelming! I don't know how to cook without packaged foods, I never learned how to do things from scratch. Everything we ate when I was a kid came from a box, be that reason for cost or simply because it was easier and I had a full time working mother, I don't really know. And frankly, it doesn't matter. What does matter is that I have never learned how to make actual meals without having a box involved. And what's worse, my husband doesn't like anything that doesn't come out of one.

But I am in the process of learning all this! I have started switching us over to brown rice instead of white, I now make my all my cheese sauces with cauliflower instead of cream and just about everything that goes on my table has fresh onions and garlic in it... So I'm getting better, but now for the hard part, going big... Switching everything over to healthy options... And worse yet, doing it on a budget!

My first steps - mastering these steps - Real Food on a Budget: 25 Tips to Make Eating Healthy Affordable!

I'll let you know how it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...