Welcome to my blog!

Merry Meet & Thank you for visiting!
This blog is all about all the things that make me up. I am a Mother, I am a Pagan Witch, I am a Wife, I am a homemaker, I am a student, I am Spiritual, I am a Teacher, I am Liberal Hippie, I am a Voter, and I am extremely opinionated! Plan to see it all! If you don't like what you see, feel free to leave! However, chances are, if you stick around, you'll find more to love than hate!

Blessings!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Children & Age Discrimination

Recently there was a local restaurant that has decided to ban children under 6 from dining there. I talked to some other moms about it and they all said the same thing "It's his choice." But I have to highly disagree with this attitude. Sure, he owns the place, but when you open a business to the public, you don't get to pick and choose who that public is. I mean, if he said "I'm not going to serve anyone over 60" he would be facing a list of law suits. So why is it different when it's children?

Now, don't get me wrong, I think there are times when children and adults shouldn't have the ability to do the same things. Age limits aren't a bad thing on all things. But if it's not a safety issue, there shouldn't be restrictions based on age.

Children are NOT second class! Children are our equals and there is simply no reason to treat them different just because of their ages. Discrimination laws protect adults from discrimination based on their gender, sexuality, religion, age or race... But children are left out. I don't understand that! How is it that in a country where we place laws and regulations about EVERYTHING children do from bike helmets to crib styles there aren't any laws in place to protect children from discrimination based on their age? And what's worse is how is it that there are so many parents that think it's okay?  Maybe it's just me, but there is no way I would ever eat in a place that didn't welcome my children!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...